Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Paczki Day

It's Paczki Day! Or Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday, whichever language you like.

I had never heard of paczki before moving to metro Detroit, even though my grandmother was Polish and we only lived about two hours from Detroit growing up. Let me tell you, I was missing out for 20 some years!

We don't get a chance to go to Hamtramck to get the real thing, so we have to settle for Dunkin Donuts or Tim Horton's or if we're really desperate, the inferior imitations from the grocery store.

So I took the kids to Dunkin Donuts this morning and we each got a paczki: Alyssa - Bavarian cream, Brendan - blueberry, me - lemon. And then I got to eat half of Brendan's. Lucas got to play with a paper cup and napkin.

Now I'm enjoying my cup of yummy Dunkin Donuts coffee because it was too hot to drink the whole time we were there. Ahhhh!

Happy Paczki Day to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home