Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Experiment

Today is Valentine's Day. It's also the day Jeff has to go to jury duty. That means he has to spend probably the entire day in the city that is the county seat for our county. It's not a big city, but it's a lot different than Suburbanland where we live with strip malls on every main corner and hundreds of houses in subdivision after subdivision. Besides the courthouse and some other government buildings, there are lots of little shops around the downtown area.

So, I found a listing for a yarn shop very close to courthouse. Yarn shops are pretty rare in Suburbanland. I went to mapquest and plotted out the one tenth of a mile route to this shop from the courthouse. And I left the printout, along with a note about it being Valentine's Day and since he would be right there anyway, possibly killing time around lunch or something, that he should check it out and get a Valentine's Day present for his favorite knitter.

The big question is: will he actually do it? The jury's out (pun intended). He thinks knitting is a useless waste of time. I know he'd probably rather have his teeth drilled than to go into a yarn shop, especially by himself. The weather is extremely bad today - snowing, cold, windy, even school is closed. I'm sure he wouldn't take a stroll just for the heck of it. And I don't even know if the place actually exists as I've never been there and the listing could very well be out of date.

I'll be very impressed if he goes, even more impressed if he buys me something (anything, I don't care in the least what he ends up with) but I'll still love him if he does nothing. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home