Sunday, March 11, 2007

Every Sunday

It's 10:40 p.m. on Sunday night (no thanks to damn stupid Daylight Savings Time, but I digress). Alyssa is still awake. And freaking out.

"It's so late!" {wringing hands}
"I'll never get to sleep! {jumping around}
"Help me go to sleep!" {crying}
"I'll be tired in the morning!" {shaking hands}
"What can I do?" {more crying}

ARGH!!!!!!!!! Enough already! Just go to bed and lay there until you fall asleep!

I swear this happens every single Sunday night. And every single Sunday night I tell her if she has trouble falling asleep, that she just has to relax and lay there and not get so freaked out. And every time it doesn't matter.

Last Sunday (or was it two Sundays ago?), she was in and out of the bathroom about 4 times in 15 minutes. Did she really have to go that often? No, she was in there looking at herself in the mirror and watching herself cry. Why??? Just to work herself up more, I guess.

She does tend to stay up a little later on Friday and Saturday nights, but not that late. Maybe an extra half hour or so, not enough that it should make it impossible to sleep hours and hours after bedtime on Sunday. She was up until 10 last night and that was Jeff's fault. But she was also up early this morning - 7:30 on the old time. Even without DST, she should have been asleep almost an hour ago.

For some reason, she psyches herself up about Sunday night, convincing herself that since she stayed up a little later than usual the night before, she'll never be able to fall asleep. She could get up at 5 a.m. on Sunday and it would probably be the same story.

Well, I'm going to bed. And she'll probably be begging me to do "something" to help her fall asleep who knows how many times. Even though I've told her over and over there is nothing I can do. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home