Sunday, May 04, 2008

SPRING!

It's finally spring in Michigan! My absolute favorite time of the year and I'm so glad I don't have allergies!

Some pictures of around our yard in the past week or so:

The pear tree in front of the house. It replaced the ash tree that had to be cut down because of those evil ash boarers. This is the first year that it's bloomed and it's so little and cute!

My flower bed in back of the house. We used to have tulips in there too, but the daffodils have mostly taken over. Some of the hyacinths are still hanging on. Sadly, these flowers are almost done blooming for the year.
Brendan calls our weeping pea tree by the front door the "bee tree" and you can see why! When I went out to take pictures of it, the whole tree was buzzing from these big fat bumblebees.
The golden delicious apple tree is blossoming! We weren't expecting that to happen for a year or two yet (the McIntosh isn't blossoming this year).
I can't wait for my lilac tree to blossom! It looks like there will be lots of flowers on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home