Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day 2008

Today was a very busy day. The kids had school, of course, and then Alyssa had an after school activity for Earth Day through her academically talented group. They picked up trash along the road the school is on and ended at Dairy Queen for some ice cream. Then both Alyssa and Brendan had soccer games. I knew all of that was going on, but when I picked Brendan up from school, he complained of his eye hurting and told me he felt like he was going to throw up all day. When we got home, he went into the bathroom and proceeded to cry about his eye hurting (I couldn't see anything wrong with it) and then he just sat on the bathroom floor because he needed to "rest". He finally came out of the bathroom, went straight to his room and went to sleep! Very strange. I just assumed he wouldn't be up for soccer, but just as we were finishing dinner, Jeff went to check on him. He said he was hungry, came out and ate his dinner and decided he could play soccer after all. So just when Jeff thought he was staying home, he had to get both the boys ready and out the door. They were a little late, but he was fine. I took Alyssa to her game and her team played great! They won 6-2.

Anyway, I didn't think I would be able to get in the Earth Day pictures actually on Earth Day this year, but we did manage to squeeze them in after the games:


Tree #1 (The leaves just popped out today!)

Tree #2


The kids with my pretty daffodils that have only been open for a couple days now.
Looks like the boys are having a "discussion" here...
Lucas the tree hugger. We've had this tree for a couple years, but this is going to be the first year it blossoms. I think it will be in full bloom tomorrow.

Take some time to stop and smell the flowers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home