Thursday, May 31, 2007

I guess he didn't like it

I keep trying to get the other members of my family to eat broccoli. I like it, Jeff eats it sometimes, Alyssa eats it because I tell her to, Brendan won't touch it and we've tried to give it to Lucas a few times and the jury was still out with him. Tonight for dinner I heated some up from frozen that came with cheese sauce.

So we were all eating our dinner. Alyssa and Brendan were jabbering about something to each other. Jeff and I were talking about the basketball game that was going to be on later. And Lucas was sitting in his high chair playing with, er... eating, the food Jeff had cut up for him -- chicken, macaroni salad and the broccoli with cheese sauce.

All of a sudden I hear this little baby chuckle -- "heh heh" -- come from the high chair. When Lucas is bored with eating, he will often pull one of his feet up into the space between his tray and the rest of his body, so his foot is sticking up above the tray. So I look over and see his foot sticking up and him delicately placing some of that broccoli on the bottom of his foot and toes and being very amused with himself while he was doing it.

It was so funny, I cracked up and was laughing so hard I was crying. I would have gotten a picture of it if my hands weren't coated in barbecue sauce from the chicken wings we had for dinner.

So I guess I know how Lucas feels about broccoli now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home