Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bummer

We got my cousin's wedding invitation today. No surprise there - I knew he was getting married on May 26th and I was really, really looking forward to going. I haven't been to a wedding in a long time and this being family, there would be a lot of people I knew there. A few weeks ago I started knitting an afghan as a wedding present and have been working on it every spare moment because it's going to take a long time to finish.

So I open the invitation and it's "adults only". Since my whole family will be at the wedding and we don't have any sort of regular babysitter (not to mention it's not near home, and I was planning on it being an overnight thing), we have no one to watch the kids. But even if we did, I feel like if my kids aren't welcome, I don't want to go anyway.

So we're not going and I'm disappointed. And I really don't feel like working my butt off on that afghan anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home