Friday, June 22, 2007

Baby bird

This afternoon Jeff was out mowing the lawn. At one point he came in and told me there was a baby robin by our garage that couldn't fly. I went out to see it, but we couldn't find it and figured it must have gone off to hide somewhere. I went back in the house.

Awhile later I was sitting on the couch watching TV when I heard this very loud chirping. I went and looked out the back door into the garage and there is the baby bird right next to the step from the door to the garage floor.


After I snapped a couple pictures of him, Jeff and I tried to shoo him back out of the garage. Of course, he wasn't too thrilled with that idea and headed for the wall lined with all kinds of great things to hide under, like the wagon and stroller. We finally got him up to the corner but he got under a pile of branches (why are we saving those??) and Jeff had to kind of poke at him to get him all the way out of the garage.


He took refuge next to a small bush on the side of the driveway.


His mommy was calling for him from the roof of our neighbor's house. Looks like she had a treat for him.



There was quite a commotion of Mommy trying to reconnect with Baby.



I don't think they liked me standing there in the garage. I backed up and eventually went back in the house. Later I saw the baby out near the sidewalk. I hope he's okay and learns to fly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home