Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Why does this bother me so much?

Jeff is sick. He came home yesterday morning from work and pretty much spent the whole day in bed. Nausea, fatigue, chills, etc. Didn't actually hurl until about 5:30 this morning.

Okay, he's a big boy, he can take care of himself. Except I am now terrified that the kids or I will get it. In fact, I know we will. I'm so sure of it that I spent the entire night sitting awake worrying about it. And what good does that do? None. So why do I do it? It makes me so mad that I can't handle a little illness without freaking out. Definitely my worst mommy-failing.

It really bugs me that I can't comfort my children when they're sick. I can clean up messes if I absolutely have to, but I can't hold a poor, miserable child on my lap if I even think they might be sick. How terrible is that? I suck.

Well, time to start my day on a few half-hour naps in front of late-night TV from last night. Should be a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home