Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Gross!

Title said in my best Napolean Dynamite voice (which isn't very good).....

So today I dropped the kids off at their respective schools and went to do a little shopping. I got done around 9:30 and I was starving! I was practically drooling on the way home thinking about the bagel and cream cheese I was going to have for breakfast - big, thick plain bagel with garden vegetable cream cheese that I just bought yesterday during my weekly grocery shopping trip. Mmmmmm....

As soon as I got home, I put the bagel in the toaster, poured a big glass of juice and got out the cream cheese. Come on, come on, toaster! Finally! Opened up the brand new package of cream cheese and noticed it was kind of crumbly. What the hell has Kraft done to prefectly good cream cheese??? Got the cream cheese on nice and thick how I like it and go to put it back in the fridge. Just happened to catch a glance at the bottom of the container with the date on it - 17 Dec 2005! What the hell, that was almost 4 months ago! And yes, I had just bought this yesterday!

I briefly considered still eating my lovely bagel - it looked and smelled so good! Well, except for the cheese being all crumbly... But I still wanted it! Okay, okay, the last thing I need is to eat some nasty cheese, right? Boohoo, into the garbage it went.

By some miracle I hadn't thrown out the receipt. Okay, so it's actually because I tossed it on the counter and forgot about it. Now I have to remember to take it and the nasty cheese with me the next time I go to the store so they will replace it. Oh, and try to keep everyone else in this house from eating that junk hanging out in the fridge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home